Patient and Family Advisory Committee (PFAC)
Local Health Integration Networks (LHINs) continue to learn what patients, families and caregivers value most in our health care system. In order to improve health outcomes and experiences, patients and families across Ontario must be engaged and empowered to have a strong voice to shape care delivery. LHINs are committed to partnering and listening to patients and families to ensure that changes in the health care system reflect the needs and opinions of those it serves.
Expanding patient engagement across the health care system is a key commitment articulated in the Patients First Act. A key element of this approach is the establishment of patient advisory committees in each of Ontario’s 14 LHINs and information sharing between these committees.
The Hamilton Niagara Haldimand Brant LHIN’s Patient and Family Advisory Committee (PFAC) will aim to assist in shaping the LHIN’s programs, services and initiatives designed to improve care in the LHIN.
The LHIN PFAC will apply its learning, collective experience and insights to:
- Identify and advise on opportunities to incorporate the patient’s perspective in initiatives to better integrate care across the region and across the health care system.
- Support effective patient engagement within the LHIN.
- Provide advice on recommendations about health care access or service delivery improvements from the patient and/or family caregiver perspective.
- Provide input on LHIN policies and standards guiding LHIN initiatives, particularly regarding patient care and patient engagement.
- Recommend strategies and practical ideas for improving patient care, and caregiver recognition and support.
- Work in partnership and engage in co-design with the LHIN CEO, LHIN staff, service providers and partners.
- Link and collaborate with other patient and family advisory groups within the LHIN and across the province as appropriate.
- Anne Marie Cargnelli
- Keith Dorman
- George Goto
- Janice Kucharew
- Polliann Maher
- Olga McNeill
- Michelle Moore
- Irene Motz
- Michael Porto
- Josephine Quercia
- Shirley Verhage
- Jori Warren
- Clarence Wheaton
January 23, 2018
December 7, 2017
September 14, 2017