Hamilton Sub-Region Anchor and Action Table Recruitment
The Hamilton Niagara Haldimand Brant (HNHB) Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) is seeking patients, families and caregivers to participate in the Hamilton Anchor Table, Mental Health & Addictions Table or Health Links Action Table as a Patient and Family Advisor.
We encourage patients and their family/caregivers who live within the HNHB LHIN's Hamilton sub-region to complete and submit this Expression of Interest for consideration as a member of one or both of these tables.
Please complete and return the Expression of Interest form to Claire Kislinsky at Claire.email@example.com or call 905-526-3603.
Compared to other HNHB LHIN sub-regions, the Hamilton sub-region has the:
- Highest percentage of people satisfied with their health care (90%)
- Highest percentage of alternate level of care days (18.5%)
- Highest percentage of repeat unscheduled emergency department visits within 30 days for mental health conditions (21.2% and substance abuse conditions (38.2%)
- 1.7% Report French as mother tongue
- 1.8% Identify as Indigenous
- 16.4% Age 65+
- 7.1% Rural population
Click here for a list of providers in the Hamilton sub-region.
6.0 Primary care physicians per 10,000 people
- 326 Primary care physicians
- 2 Family Health Teams
- 10 Family Health Groups
- 27 Family Health Organizations/Networks
- 3 Community Health Centres
- 1 Aboriginal Health Access Centre
44 Home and Community Care Service Providers*
- 30 Community Support
- 8 Supportive Housing
- 11 Mental Health
- 8 Substance Abuse/Problem Gambling
- 2 Acquired Brain Injury
- 1 Community Care Access Centre
27 Long-Term Care Homes
- 3,866 Beds
- 91 Beds per 1,000 people age 75+
1 Public Health Unit
Health System Performance
Alternate level of care (ALC) days
Emergency department (ED) visits for conditions best managed elsewhere
16 per 1,000 people
Hospitalizations for conditions that could be treated in ambulatory setting
4 per 1,000 people
Average monthly number of patients waiting for long-term care
Repeat unscheduled ED visits within 30 days for mental health conditions
1,556 ED visits; 814 people
Repeat unscheduled ED visits within 30 days for substance abuse conditions
1,462 ED visits; 425 people
Sources and Definitions
For details about the above information, including sources and definitions, please review the Glossary.
*This information reflects only HNHB LHIN-funded service providers therefore additional services and providers may exist within the sub-region.