Connect with Health Care in HNHB LHIN
There are many programs and services in our LHIN that can help you manage your diabetes. If you’re not sure where to look for these services, start by visiting these websites:
Nutrition and Diet
- UnlockFood.ca (formerly EatRightOntario.ca) is a bilingual website brought to you by Dietitians of Canada. On UnlockFood.ca you’ll find information on nutrition, food and healthy eating as well as recipes, videos and interactive healthy eating tools.
- If you are looking for easy, economical meals and snacks, Dietitians of Canada also has a helpful nutrition app, free of charge, available at www.cookspiration.com
- Telehealth Ontario phone line (1-866-797-0000) now includes Registered Dietitian’s Monday-Fridays 9-5 PM to provide evidence-based nutrition advice in a variety of languages. Individuals looking for dietary strategies to manage their diabetes can access dietitians for free via this phone line.
- Diabetes Canada also has patient friendly diabetes and nutrition resources available at guidelines.diabetes.ca.
Foot and Wound Care
Indigenous Diabetes Information
Finance Assistance Programs
There are a variety of financial assistance programs available in Ontario to help reduce some of the costs associated with managing your diabetes. Please contact these programs directly for further information.
- For guidelines and advice on how to plan physical activity for you and your family, download the Canadian Physical Activity Guidelines provided by the Canadian Society of Exercise Physiology.
- For more physical activity information and tips on getting you and your family more active, visit ParticipACTION.