Special PFAC Edition - July 2017
Patient and Family Advisory Committee Recruitment Underway
I hope you enjoyed the 150th celebrations of the Canada Day weekend! Now that the warmer weather is here, it seems summer is off to fantastic start.
This Special Edition post is to highlight the recent announcement about our recruitment for community members to join HNHB LHIN’s new Patient and Family Advisory Committee (PFAC)
. I’d also like to take this opportunity to personally invite you to submit an Expression of Interest Form to join the PFAC.
We value the voices of our patients, families and caregivers. Your unique experiences and opinions are important in helping to improve patient experience and care delivery within our LHIN. By joining the PFAC, you’ll have a chance to help design a health care system that is more responsive to local needs.
We’re committed to working together to improve patient experience dramatically for you, your families and for all individuals across HNHB LHIN.
The PFAC will apply its insights, collective experience and learnings to:
- Identify and advise on opportunities to incorporate the patient’s perspective in initiatives to better integrate care across the region and across the health care system.
- Support effective patient engagement within the LHIN.
- Provide advice on recommendations about health care access or service delivery improvements from the patient and/or family caregiver perspective.
- Provide input on LHIN policies and standards guiding LHIN initiatives, particularly those related to patient care and patient engagement.
- Recommend strategies and practical ideas for improving patient care and caregiver recognition and support.
- Work in partnership and engage in co-design with the LHIN CEO, LHIN employees, service providers and partners.
- Link and collaborate with other patient and family advisory groups within HNHB LHIN and across the province as appropriate.
The PFAC will have 10-15 volunteer members who will represent the LHIN’s diverse population and varied patient, family and caregiver experiences across different health care settings. If you live within the HNHB LHIN region and are interested in becoming a PFAC member, please submit an Expression of Interest for consideration no later than 9:00 a.m. August 14, 2017.
We look forward to continuing to work together with and learn from patients, families and caregivers – our most valued partners in the health care system.
If you or your organization would like to be featured in a future blog or share a patient story in one of our Voices in the Community videos you can reach us through our office, or if you’re on social media via our Twitter handle -@HNHB_LHINgage. Your feedback and questions are always welcome.